- Payment processor Paysafe said it has a deal to acquire the gateway Openbucks for an undisclosed price.
- The Missouri Department of Social Services said it now allows child-support payments via Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
- Mogo Inc., a Canadian fintech, made publicly available MogoSpend, a so-called spending account that comes with a cobranded Visa Platinum prepaid card and automatic carbon offsets linked to spending. The product had been available only through a waitlist.
- Optimized Payments, a consulting firm focused on reducing card-payments costs, announced it has hired former GE Power executive Fei Hou as its first chief scientist.
- Agilysys Inc., a software house focused on the hospitality industry, launched Agilysys Sales & Catering, a cloud-based product aimed at management of groups and events at hotels.
The global shortage of semiconductor chips that’s plaguing the makers of point-of-sale terminals and other …