- Payrange Inc., a payments provider for the vending and unattended-retail market, announced it has acquired Vagabond, a cloud-based provider of business intelligence for the convenience-retail industry. Terms were not announced.
- Sales of contactless cards helped payment card manufacturer CPI Card Group Inc. increase overall first-quarter sales 8% year-over-year to $120.9 million, with sales of debit and credit cards growing 11% to $102 million. The performance helped drive net income up 81% to $10.9 million.
- Retail cannabis payments provider Aeropay completed an integration with KindTap that enables cannabis operators to accept digital credit at checkout.
- Fifty-seven percent of Canadians belong to between two and four loyalty programs and 20% are members of at least five such programs, found the 2023 Consumer Survey from Givex Corp. of more than 1,500 Canadians.
- Business-to-business payments platform Melio launched a mobile app for Apple and Google mobile devices to enable business owners to pay suppliers, scan bills and invoices, and approve and track payments.
- Oak Park, Ill., a suburb of Chicago, introduced its ParkOakPark app, which allows users to manage and pay for parking and parking citations and apply for parking permits and vehicle licenses. Passport, the app developer, says more than 800 cities now use its technology.
- Visa Inc. announced it is one of nine finalists asked to develop blockchain plans for the Real Digital, a central bank digital currency in Brazil. Visa is working with Agrotoken, Microsoft, and Sinqua in the project.
- Commerce services provider Sionic named Susan Currey its chief compliance officer. Currey most recently was an executive at PayPal Holdings Inc.
A Snafu at Chase Doubles Debits for Zelle Users
[Updated with new information over the weekend] An unknown number of Chase online-banking customers experienced …