- Harbortouch, a unit of Shift4 Payments, debuted Checkout, a point-of-sale system with features to aid retailers, including inventory tracking and management, time-clock and scheduling tools, and text and email marketing. Checkout is aimed at independent and small-chain retail stores, the company said.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating alleged insider stock trading by former Heartland Payment Systems CEO Robert O. Carr ahead of Global Payments Inc.’s 2016 acquisition of Heartland, The Wall Street Journal reported. The allegations, which Carr denies, first came to light last week in a lawsuit filed by Heartland.
- Visa said a hardware issue caused a disruption in its service that prevented Visa transactions across Europe from completing Friday. Visa said the issue was not associated with any authorized access or cyberattack. Various media reports peg the outage lasting between five and six hours.
- Ingenico Group said its ePayments unit is supplying its processing services to FXCM Group LLC, an online foreign-exchange trading company.
- WEX Inc. announced it has won a contract with Equilon Enterprises LLC, otherwise known as Shell Oil Products US and Shell Canada Products, to issue and manage Shell’s commercial fleet cards in the U.S. and Canada. The companies expect the first cards to be issued Aug. 1.
- Issuing-services provider Ondot Systems announced a digital-card services platform for issuers.
- EMVCo, the organization that manages the EMV specification, said it and the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, which develops interoperable authentication standards, are expanding their work on how EMV 3-D Secure messages and FIDO authentication data can interact.
- Payments provider POSaBit Inc. named Andy Sweet chief technology officer. Sweet previously worked at startups and mature companies.
NCR Corp. entered into a definitive agreement Monday to acquire ATM network operator Cardtronics plc …