- NCR Corp. announced names for its two major business units once the company spins off its ATM operations, with both retaining the NCR moniker. The digital-commerce business will be called NCR Voyix, while the ATM operations will be named NCR Atleos.
- FIS Inc.’s Worldpay processing unit launched Revenue Boost, a service based on machine learning and aimed at letting merchants manage more transactions at lower cost and risk. FIS earlier this month agreed to sell a 55% stake in Worldpay to private-equity firm GTCR in a deal expected to close by the end of the first quarter next year.
- Payments provider Repay Holdings Corp. agreed to provide processing for companies using Zappix, a digital customer-service platform.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. announced its second Venmo Small Business Grant program, consisting of $10,000 to each of 20 small businesses. Applications are due Aug. 7, with recipients to be announced in September.
- Banking network provider Finsync Inc. launched a free network connecting banks and businesses to link bank and credit cards accounts and speed transactions between businesses and vendors.
- News sources are reporting a hack of Alphapo, a cryptocurrency-payments platform, that has resulted in a loss of millions of dollars in digital assets.
- The global market for payment-processing software will grow from $103.2 billion this year to $160 billion by 2028, a compound annual growth rate of 9.2%, according to a forecast from MarketsandMarkets.
- The Twitter social-media platform has been applying for state money-transmitter licenses, reportedly as part of an effort to introduce payments services and replace the longstanding Twitter brand with “X.”
Shift4 Payments Inc. went public in June 2020 after more than two decades as a …