- Salido, a vendor of technology to the hospitality industry, announced it has been acquired by payments provider North American Bancard. Terms were not announced.
- MagTek Inc. said PyePOS, a hospitality point-of-sale system maker, will use MagTek’s DynaDip and DynaWave hardware in its quick-serve restaurant kiosks.
- EBay Inc. announced it will expand its managed-payments program to France, Italy, and Spain in the first quarter of next year. The move follows launches in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada. More than 255,000 sellers were enrolled by the end of the second quarter.
- The state of South Carolina granted a money-transmitter license to Coro Corp., whose Coro payment app allows users to trade, send, and save gold and U.S. dollars. The app is now available in 10 states.
- ACI Worldwide Inc. said Oklahoma Wesleyan University is using its Speedpay bill payment service across its campus.
- Comdata Inc. launched Virtual Comchek, a one-time-use digital card that fleet truck drivers can access on their mobile devices for vehicle repair, roadside assistance, and other expenses.
- In related news, Bestpass, a provider of payment technology for toll payments for commercial fleets, released two new transponder options. Complete Pass Scout provides nationwide toll coverage while Horizon Scout supports coverage for regional fleets.
- Online small business lender OnDeck joined the Visa Inc. Small Business Hub, which provides access to resources for small businesses.
- Mastercard Inc. said it is working with banking giant HSBC to bring resources and expertise to urban development projects via Mastercard’s City Possible program.
- Unattended payments specialist USA Technologies Inc. named Fernando Lopez Lacroix vice president of business development. Lopez Lacroix spent the past 25 years at Verifone Inc. most recently as vice president and general manager.
Convenience-store operators wanting another way to accept payments for lottery games have a decoupled-debit option …