- Fiserv Inc. announced more than 600 financial institutions have joined the Zelle peer-to-peer payments network through its Turnkey Service for Zelle program, with more than 300 of those institutions coming on board last year.
- Private-equity firm Great Hill Partners and payments provider VersaPay Corp. announced the closing of the previously announced acquisition of VersaPay by an affiliate of Great Hill.
- ACI Worldwide Inc. said it has worked with the Internal Revenue Service to cut by half the number of steps needed for taxpayers to make online payments to the IRS through ACI’s service.
- Payrailz, a payments provider for banks and credit unions, said it has added four credit unions to its credit union service organization, CU Railz. These are the first credit unions added since CU Railz was launched in August with six founding credit unions.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Chase Card Services unit, United Airlines Inc., and Visa Inc. announced an extension to 2029 of the nearly 30-year-old United MileagePlus cobranded card program.
- ScanSource Inc., a provider of point-of-sale payments technology, announced a distribution agreement with building-security vendor Honeywell.
- Financial-management software provider Intuit Inc., which has a major merchant-acquiring operation, is close to completing a deal to acquire Credit Karma for about $7 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported. Credit Karma provides credit scores and other personal-finance information to consumers.
Convenience-store operators wanting another way to accept payments for lottery games have a decoupled-debit option …