- Mastercard Inc. said it is acquiring Dynamic Yield, a data personalization platform, from McDonald’s Corp. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- The University of Kansas has agreed to support the Passport app to pay for parking at 3,600 spaces across the campus. More than 800 cities, universities, and private operators now deploy Passport, the company said.
- Stratos Jet Charters will accept cryptocurrency and fiat payments through an agreement with FTX US, a cryptocurrency exchange. The service is available through the FTX Pay platform.
- The distributed-ledger platform Beyond Protocol said the cryptocurrency exchange Huobi has agreed to deploy Beyond Protocol’s expertise in Internet of Things devices for device-to-device communication.
- SEPA Cyber Technologies has joined Visa Inc.’s Ready for Fintech Enablement program to offer both fintechs and legacy issuers technology for digital card issuance.
- Payments provider WEX Inc. appointed Karen Stroup chief digital officer and Carlos Carriedo chief operating officer, international. Both are newly created offices. Stroup joins the company from Thomson Reuters and before that worked at Capital One and Intuit. Carriedo comes to the company from American Express.
- AppTech Payments Corp. appointed Aram A. Aghapour senior vice president of research, development, and infrastructure operations. Aghapour joins the company from Microfocus Fortify.
Data-compromise incidents hit an all-time high in 2021, totaling 1,862, up 23% from the previous …