- Payments fintech Marqeta Inc. said it has entered a strategic alliance with consulting firm Deloitte to help banks, fintechs, and payments providers quicken the pace of payments modernization.
- Grazzy, an app provider for same-day earnings and other employee payments, announced a $4.25-million seed funding round from Next Coast Ventures and Tuesday Capital. The round brings the startup’s total funding to $6.8 million.
- FV Bank, a U.S.-licensed digital bank, launched a cross-border foreign-exchange payments service in seven currencies for U.S. and international account holders.
- Private-label credit card provider Synchrony Financial posted $577 million in net income for the fourth quarter of 2022, a 29% decrease from $813 million in the same quarter in 2021. Synchrony attributed the drop, in part, to changing consumer spending patterns following the worst of the pandemic.
- Payroc WorldAccess LLC named Joe Garza its chief revenue officer. Prior to Payroc, Garza was founder of eConduit, a cloud-based integration platform for payments. He’d also worked at Elavon, Moneris, and American National Bankcard.
Merchant satisfaction with payment processors has dwindled in the past year, as sellers cope with …