- Automatic Labs Inc., a unit of SiriusXM, announced its Connected Car Assistant is available at major retailers nationwide for $99.99. The product, which consists of an app and an adapter, allows drivers to pay road tolls, among other connected-car functions.
- Revel Systems Inc. completed the installation of its cloud-based iPad point-of-sale system in more than 1,300 Focus Brands franchise locations, including Cinnabon, Auntie Anne’s, and Carvel.
- The rollout of contactless cards may not help adoption of mobile payments, since some consumers may prefer the convenience of tapping a card, according to a report from Auriemma Group.
- On Track Innovations Ltd. reported it received an order for 3,000 of its near-field communication readers for the smart ATM market. The buyer was not specified. OTI said it has delivered 40,000 NFC readers to all customers so far.
- Crescent Cash, a provider of a cryptocurrency mobile wallet, launched a service that uses an open application programming interface from technology provider Cointext to let users send Bitcoin Cash to phone numbers via SMS text messages. The service is said to work on any Android mobile phone, including flip phones.
- UTRUST, a service that enables conversion of cryptocurrency to fiat currency for merchant acceptance, said it is working with crypto-to-fiat processor Uphold to reach merchants in 184 countries.
- Merchant acquirer Elavon Inc. said it is facilitating payments on Thai Airways via Sweden-based travel agency Select Travel by use of a virtual Mastercard in the Amadeus B2B Wallet Partner Pay service from Madrid-based Amadeus IT Group SA.
MoneyGram International Inc. said its money-transfer business generated revenue of $304.9 million in the second …