- Prepaid card and banking services provider Green Dot Corp. reported $10.6 billion in gross dollar volume on its products for the fourth quarter, up 8% year-over-year. Green Dot also announced a multi-year extension of its contract with Apple Inc. for issuing the Apple Cash card.
- ATM network operator Cardtronics plc said Amazon.com customers can now add cash to their Amazon balances at more than 400 deposit-taking ATMs within the Cardtronics-owned Allpoint+ surcharge-free network.
- Payments gateway Cardknox launched a point-of-sale application that aids developers wanting to integrate EMV-ready POS terminals with browser-based POS systems.
- The Bancorp Bank announced an extension of its agreement to provide private-label banking services, including debit card issuance, for Chime Financial Inc., a so-called challenger bank that operates only in online and mobile channels.
- The PCI Security Standards Council published a guide for large organizations on complying with the Payment Card Industry data-security standard.
- Fiserv Inc. completed the sale of 60% of its Investment Services Business unit to Motive Partners for $510 million after tax. Fiserv retained 40% of the unit.
- PIN-on-mobile specialist MyPINPad named Colin Greene its chief executive. Greene’s career includes stints at NCR, Intel, and most recently, Apple Inc.
- Digital-wallet provider Coinbase Inc. said Visa Inc. has approved it as a principal member, making Coinbase the first pure-play cryptocurrency company to receive a Visa membership. Coinbase introduced its Coinbase Card, a Visa debit card, in the United Kingdom last year; the card is now available in 29 markets.
- Sweden’s central bank, the Riksbank, said it has begun testing an e-krona, a digital version of the country’s krona currency, Reuters reported. If launched, the e-krona would be the world’s first central-bank digital currency.
The future of digital payments is being created now with the adoption of contactless payments, …