- Discover Network said it has allied with fintech Car IQ to develop a payment platform to enable automotive fleets to conduct in-car transactions through the Discover global network.
- In announcing its latest smart watch, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit says its Fitbit Pay digital wallet is included for contactless transactions, a feature the company says plays into the device’s emphasis on fitness and health.
- Ready, a contactless dining specialist, said it is working with FreedomPay to offer hospitality operators a safe and touchless purchasing experience
- Payments provider Lightspeed POS Inc. launched eCom for Restaurant, aimed at helping restaurateurs transition to online payments.
- Subscription-management platform Zuora Inc. announced a new integration with recurring-payments provider GoCardless in 30 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- Research from credit reporting agency TransUnion found that while suspected fraudulent digital transactions against merchants worldwide decreased 9% from the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic (March 11-May 18) to when businesses began reopening (May 19-July 25), the number of digital Covid-19 schemes targeting consumers increased 10% from the week of April 13 to the week of July 27.
- Gift and loyalty software provider Factor4 LLC said it will enable gift, loyalty, and promotional transactions on the Engage line of point-of-sale devices from Verifone Inc.
- Some 57% of small businesses in North America say they have increased their use of digital business-to-business payments since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a survey by Mastercard Inc.
- Form-building technology company JotForm introduced a tool to convert PDFs into fillable online forms, with online payments included
- Former Global Payments Inc. chairman and chief executive Paul R. Garcia has been elected to the board of directors of Deluxe Corp.
Peer-to-peer transactions have taken off as a way to pay digitally during the pandemic, and …