- Discover Network said it has allied with fintech Car IQ to develop a payment platform to enable automotive fleets to conduct in-car transactions through the Discover global network.
- In announcing its latest smart watch, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit says its Fitbit Pay digital wallet is included for contactless transactions, a feature the company says plays into the device’s emphasis on fitness and health.
- Ready, a contactless dining specialist, said it is working with FreedomPay to offer hospitality operators a safe and touchless purchasing experience
- Payments provider Lightspeed POS Inc. launched eCom for Restaurant, aimed at helping restaurateurs transition to online payments.
- Subscription-management platform Zuora Inc. announced a new integration with recurring-payments provider GoCardless in 30 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- Research from credit reporting agency TransUnion found that while suspected fraudulent digital transactions against merchants worldwide decreased 9% from the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic (March 11-May 18) to when businesses began reopening (May 19-July 25), the number of digital Covid-19 schemes targeting consumers increased 10% from the week of April 13 to the week of July 27.
- Gift and loyalty software provider Factor4 LLC said it will enable gift, loyalty, and promotional transactions on the Engage line of point-of-sale devices from Verifone Inc.
- Some 57% of small businesses in North America say they have increased their use of digital business-to-business payments since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a survey by Mastercard Inc.
- Form-building technology company JotForm introduced a tool to convert PDFs into fillable online forms, with online payments included
- Former Global Payments Inc. chairman and chief executive Paul R. Garcia has been elected to the board of directors of Deluxe Corp.
Amazon.com Inc.’s venture in letting consumers pay with the palm of their hand officially launched …