- Debit card spending increased 9.4% for the week ending Aug. 30 from the week ending Sept. 1, 2019, for credit unions working with PSCU, a credit union service organization. For the same period, credit card spending was down 2.5%. Mobile wallet use with a debit card increased 68% and those with a credit card increased 23.2%.
- Reuters reported Sunday that French processor Worldline S.A. has until Wednesday to make concessions to satisfy European Union antitrust concerns regarding its acquisition of France-based payments-technology provider Ingenico Group S.A., unless it can prove the concessions aren’t necessary. The $9.2-billion deal was announced in February and was originally expected to close by the end of September.
- Some 47 states logged an increase in transaction volume in August compared to monthly totals in June, according to figures reported by processor Shift4 Payments Inc. More than half showed a rise of more than 20%. Shift4’s clients are concentrated in the hospitality sector.
- Payments-technology provider Repay Holdings Corp. said it will enable companies using a platform from Advanced Business Computers of America to accept debit cards, credit cards, and automated clearing house payments. ABCA is a provider of accounting software for subprime finance companies.
- Payments provider TerraPay appointed entrepreneur Ron Vollebregt chairman of its board of directors. Vollebregt is known as a cofounder of international payments firm GlobalCollect.
- Pushpay Holdings Ltd. launched ChurchStaq, a suite of software tools for church management, including giving and donor management tools for Web, mobile, text, and other channels.
- Recurring payments provider GoCardless Ltd. named Even Walser its chief revenue officer. Walser’s experience includes stints at Practice Fusion, Genius.com, and Brand Watch.
- Just Eat France, a food-ordering service similar to Uber Eats, will accept Bitcoin via the cryptocurrency-payments provider BitPay. The service works with more than 15,000 restaurants in France.
SpotOn, a payments-technology provider serving restaurants and retailers, raised $300 million in a Series F …