- Cash ATM withdrawals were down 14.6% for the week ending Sept. 6 among credit unions serviced by PSCU. The credit union service organization’s weekly transaction trends report found that while down, the rate is better than the 21.8% average decrease for the past four weeks.
- Co-Op Financial Services said an alliance with debit network Shazam enables Iowa credit unions to provide access to almost 33,000 surcharge-free Co-Op ATMs and Shazam Privileged Status ATMs across the country.
- With many students being taught at home in the face of school closures caused by Covid-19, online transactions for school supplies rose 56% from January to August compared to the same period in 2019, according to ACI Worldwide Inc.
- With the increasing popularity of installment-payment options at the point of sale, Canada’s PayBright launched its first major consumer marketing campaign.
- Hotel-reservation site Hotels.com launched a Visa-branded rewards credit card, said to be the company’s first cobranded credit card.
- The city of Newport, R.I., adopted a mobile-payment app for municipal parking from app developer Passport Parking.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc. said its epay division will manage subscription billing between Microsoft Corp. and some telecommunications retailers for some Microsoft gaming subscriptions.
- Advanced Fraud Solutions released a white paper on mobile-deposit scams.
- Entrust Datacard changed its name to Entrust. Founded as Datacard Corp. in 1969, the company acquired Entrust in 2013, adopting the Entrust Datacard moniker.
Despite the slowdown in manufacturing as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, shipments of wearable …