- Cash ATM withdrawals were down 14.6% for the week ending Sept. 6 among credit unions serviced by PSCU. The credit union service organization’s weekly transaction trends report found that while down, the rate is better than the 21.8% average decrease for the past four weeks.
- Co-Op Financial Services said an alliance with debit network Shazam enables Iowa credit unions to provide access to almost 33,000 surcharge-free Co-Op ATMs and Shazam Privileged Status ATMs across the country.
- With many students being taught at home in the face of school closures caused by Covid-19, online transactions for school supplies rose 56% from January to August compared to the same period in 2019, according to ACI Worldwide Inc.
- With the increasing popularity of installment-payment options at the point of sale, Canada’s PayBright launched its first major consumer marketing campaign.
- Hotel-reservation site Hotels.com launched a Visa-branded rewards credit card, said to be the company’s first cobranded credit card.
- The city of Newport, R.I., adopted a mobile-payment app for municipal parking from app developer Passport Parking.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc. said its epay division will manage subscription billing between Microsoft Corp. and some telecommunications retailers for some Microsoft gaming subscriptions.
- Advanced Fraud Solutions released a white paper on mobile-deposit scams.
- Entrust Datacard changed its name to Entrust. Founded as Datacard Corp. in 1969, the company acquired Entrust in 2013, adopting the Entrust Datacard moniker.
Credit cards historically have either been secured by a deposit or tied to a credit …