- The planned Inspiration4 project, the first space flight with an all-civilian crew, added its second crew member, Hayley Arceneaux, a physician assistant in Memphis. Crew commander is Shift4 Payments Inc. chief executive Jared Isaacman.
- Credit union service organization PSCU said spending made with debit cards increased 12.5% for the week ending Feb. 14 compared to the week ending Feb. 16, 2020. Credit card spend increased 1.5% for the same period, according to PSCU’s weekly Tracking Transaction Trends report.
- Semiconductor company STMicroelectronics launched STPay-Mobile, a platform it says simplifies digitization of transit ticketing and of payment cards for smart phones and wearables.
- RevoluGroup Canada Inc. announced the launch of the multicurrency version of its RevoluPAY app, which supports U.S. and Canadian dollars.
- Automobile-leasing specialist eAutoLease said it will “soon” start accepting cryptocurrency for lease payments and online auto sales.
- Payments platform Atlantic-Pacific Processing Systems NV Corp. said it is working with blockchain firm Global Oculus to offer acceptance, clearing, and settlement services for merchants interested in accepting cryptocurrency.
- Veteran payments executive Amit Parikh has joined Green Dot Corp. to run its banking-as-a-service unit as executive vice president. Parikh comes to the company from Apple Inc., where he helped manage Apple Pay. Before Apple, he worked at Discover Financial Services for 13 years.
PayPal Holdings Inc. on Tuesday launched a new version of its mobile app with a …