- USA Technologies Inc. agreed to provide its ePort Connect contactless-payments technology for air-vending machines deployed by CSC ServiceWorks Inc., a supplier of commercial washers and dryers, with 1.4 million laundry machines in service.
- Upserv, a payments provider specializing in hospitality, adopted the TM-m30 receipt printer and TM-U220 kitchen printer from Epson Inc., along with the company’s Kitchen Display Systems (KDS) Controller solution with the OmniLink TM-U220-i intelligent series and KDS expansion modules.
- Business-automation software developer Kofax Inc. and Israel-based imaging-application provider Top Image Systems Ltd. announced Kofax plans to acquire TIS for 86 cents per share, a 65% premium over TIS’s recent 30-day-weighted average-share price.
- Data-security provider ControlScan said it has been certified by Verifone Systems Inc. as a managed-network service provider.
- Sid Singh left Global Payments Inc., where he was group president of integrated solutions and vertical markets, to join Equifax Inc. as president of the credit-reporting company’s United States information-solutions unit, replacing Paulino de Rego Barros Jr. Singh had been at Global Payments since 2006. Barros will stay on with Equifax, initially working with Singh.
- Private-label card issuer Synchrony Financial appointed Ellen Zane to its board of directors. Zane is a former president and chief executive of Tufts Medical Center and the Floating Hospital for Children.
Departing PayPal Holdings Inc. chief operating officer Bill Ready in January will assume the role of head …