- USA Technologies Inc. agreed to provide its ePort Connect contactless-payments technology for air-vending machines deployed by CSC ServiceWorks Inc., a supplier of commercial washers and dryers, with 1.4 million laundry machines in service.
- Upserv, a payments provider specializing in hospitality, adopted the TM-m30 receipt printer and TM-U220 kitchen printer from Epson Inc., along with the company’s Kitchen Display Systems (KDS) Controller solution with the OmniLink TM-U220-i intelligent series and KDS expansion modules.
- Business-automation software developer Kofax Inc. and Israel-based imaging-application provider Top Image Systems Ltd. announced Kofax plans to acquire TIS for 86 cents per share, a 65% premium over TIS’s recent 30-day-weighted average-share price.
- Data-security provider ControlScan said it has been certified by Verifone Systems Inc. as a managed-network service provider.
- Sid Singh left Global Payments Inc., where he was group president of integrated solutions and vertical markets, to join Equifax Inc. as president of the credit-reporting company’s United States information-solutions unit, replacing Paulino de Rego Barros Jr. Singh had been at Global Payments since 2006. Barros will stay on with Equifax, initially working with Singh.
- Private-label card issuer Synchrony Financial appointed Ellen Zane to its board of directors. Zane is a former president and chief executive of Tufts Medical Center and the Floating Hospital for Children.
It was a rough 2018 for leading ATM network operator Cardtronics plc, but the company’s …