- Payments-networking provider Transaction Network Services has agreed to acquire Advam, an Australian provider of unattended and e-commerce payments processing. Terms were not disclosed.
- E-commerce technology provider tru Payments LLC launched tru Shop-by-Payment, a cloud-based service that lets consumers shop for a new car and auto financing at the same time.
- Bill-payment specialist BillGO announced the acquisition of Prism, a bill-pay service with a network of more than 11,000 billers. Terms were not disclosed.
- Network Merchants Inc. launched what it calls a unified payments engine, which relies on a single token to handle payments across an array of channels, including in-store, mobile, online, and self-service. The engine is aimed at independent sales organizations and other resellers.
- Merchant processor Payment Data Systems Inc. said its FiCentive unit added SVM LP and Uniteller as users of its prepaid card platform.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC said it is working with TokenEx, a tokenization vendor. Bluefin will supply its point-to-point encryption service to TokenEx’s clients and TokenEx will supply its cloud-tokenization service to Bluefin customers.
- Payments specialist Splitit said 35% of consumers would be more likely to shop online if they were offered interest-free monthly installment payments.
- Payment-card specialist Entrust Datacard Corp. appointed former First Data Corp. executive Karen Kaukol chief marketing officer. Kaukol has been the company’s vice president in charge of its instant-issuance portfolio.
- Payments provider Payscout formed an advisory board that includes Charles S. Crawford, founder and managing director of River Creek Ventures LLC. Crawford, also cofounder and managing director of business-finance firm Hemisphere LM Capital, previously worked at The Bancorp Bank and Merrick Bank.
Consumers still have fears about the safety of mobile payments, according to new findings from …