- Processor Stripe launched Stripe Issuing, a platform to aid merchants creating their own credit and debit cards. The service enables developers and businesses to create physical or virtual cards with a single application programming interface call to the platform. Stripe said it is not issuing cards directly to consumers. Physical cards can have custom designs and virtual cards can be used with mobile wallets, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay. Visa Inc. said it supports Stripe Issuing. Bloomberg reported Mastercard Inc. also supports the program.
- Fiserv Forum will be the name of the Milwaukee Bucks’ new $524 million arena in downtown Milwaukee under a 25-year naming rights deal the NBA franchise and bank processor Fiserv Inc. announced Thursday.
- Federal Trade Commission enforcement actions and “unjust investigative techniques” are pressuring payment processors to shun entire lines of business, Jason Oxman, CEO of the Electronic Transactions Association, testified Thursday in the House of Representatives.
- Cross-border payments specialist Flywire Corp. said it raised $100 million in Series D funding, led by investment firm Temasek, and with existing investors Bain Capital Ventures and F-Prime Capital.
- Century Business Solutions released its EBizCharge Mobile app for iOS and Android that enables merchants to accept credit, debit, and ACH payments on their phone or mobile device.
- NCR Corp. reported $1.5 billion in second-quarter revenue, down 4% from $1.6 billion a year ago. It had a net loss of $145 million, a reversal from a $102 million profit. NCR also announced the formation of two new businesses units, Banking and Commerce, along with several executive changes.
The National Retail Federation reported 2019’s holiday retail sales grew 4.1% over the same period in 2018 …