- Payments and software provider SpotOn Transact LLC acquired EmaginePOS, a vendor of point-of-sale software for restaurants and bars. Terms were not announced.
- Business-services provider CSG Systems International Inc. bought Forte Payment Systems Inc., an independent sales organization, for an undisclosed amount.
- Credit and debit card information of more than 28,000 people was exposed in six-week-long data breach of St. Petersburg, Fla.’s Web site, the Tampa Bay Times reported. The city uses the Click2Gov application that allows users to pay utility bills, parking tickets, and various fees.
- Women’s fashion retailer Rebecca Minkoff agreed to work with Afterpay, a service that lets customers pay for online purchases in installments.
- Visa Inc. announced an agreement with on-demand delivery network Postmates to enable real-time funds disbursements to drivers of Postmates’s entire 200,000-vehicle fleet through Postmates Instant Deposits. The service uses processor Stripe’s Instant Payouts feature running on the Visa Direct real-time push-payments platform.
- ABI Research forecasted that global contactless payment card issuance will hit 1.5 billion units in 2018, which would account for more than 50% of all payment card shipments. It predicted volume will reach 2.3 billion annually by 2022 if contactless adoption takes off in the United States, India, South East Asia, and Latin America markets.
- Event-ticketing platform Bigtickets.com said consumers now can use Bitcoin Cash as a payment option on its site.
- International payments technology provider AscendantFX said it is integrating its service with the WireXchange wire-transfer service from processor Fiserv Inc. in order to improve financial institutions’ international payments; the integration uses AFXLink, an application programming interface developed by AscendantFX and Bankers’ Bank of Madison, Wis.
- Financial-technology provider Bottomline Technologies expanded its Secure Payments service to monitor additional payment types.
- Amy Hanson, former executive vice president of credit experiences at Macy’s, joined Switch Inc. as a board member and advisor. Switch’s main product is CardSavr, a technology that automatically updates expired cards on file for use in purchases.
- Payments provider Checkout.com appointed Bradley Riss as chief commercial officer. Riss comes to the company from Adyen.
Venture capital continues to flow to payments companies, which ranked among the top recipients of …