- Worldpay Inc. and Paysafe Group announced a partnership to establish a payments platform for the U.S. online-gaming and sports-betting sector.
- The U.S. Secret Service lit up Operation Deep Impact last week in a nationwide initiative to find and remove credit and debit card skimming devices on fuel pumps. Following a national alert the agency sent to the private sector and its law-enforcement brethren, more than 400 gas stations in 16 states were searched and nearly 200 skimmers were removed.
- Amazon.com Inc.’s Amazon Pay service may be headed to stores where consumers could make face-to-face payments using the service, The Wall Street Journal reported last week, citing anonymous sources. Currently, outside of Amazon.com, Amazon Pay is available at some online merchants to enable consumers to pay using payment credentials stored in the wallet. Also, Amazon has already tested Amazon Pay in physical commerce with TGI Fridays restaurants and with its Alexa voice-commerce service.
- Maverick BankCard launched a new online dashboard for its payments platform that features streamlined onboarding, upgraded reporting for merchants and its sales partners, and business analytics, among other features.
- The International Council of Shopping Centers said an estimated 151 million consumers visited a mall or shopping center this past weekend. Shoppers spent an average of $227.70 on gifts on Thanksgiving and the Friday after, known as Black Friday. They expected to spend $189.90 this past Saturday and Sunday, too.
When we think about artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, the first image that comes …