- A payments provider called Park Place Payments launched with a direct sales force made up of women and an offer of advanced technology coupled with transparent pricing.
- Lime, which offers electric scooters for urban transport, has contracted with payout service Hyperwallet to pay so-called juicers, a network of contractors that recharge the scooters. Hyperwallet is a unit of PayPal Holdings Inc.
- Fashion retailer rue21 is working with payments provider Klarna to offer customers a no-interest, no-fee option that lets them pay in four installments collected bi-weekly.
- Silicon Valley Bank and First Data Corp. selected five startup companies for its ninth class of the Commerce.Innovated accelerator program.
- Point-of-sale system maker Lightspeed added inventory-focused features to its Lightspeed Retail’s product suite.
- Shift4 Payments LLC released an updated Web site.
- WEX Inc., a specialist in payment processing for fleet fueling, said its WEX Fleet DriverDash program is now available at 13,000 Shell stations nationwide, bringing to 25,000 the number of gas stations where the program is accepted. DriverDash lets drivers authorize transactions from inside their vehicles. In June, WEX announced it would provide payment services to electric-vehicle charging company ChargePoint Inc.
The nation’s automated clearing house network went on a tear in the quarter ended June …