- Payments provider Nuvei announced it will buy SafeCharge International Group Ltd. for approximately $889 million. SafeCharge’s payment platform provides services ranging from card acquiring and issuing to processing and checkout. This confirms reports of a pending deal.
- Processor Payment Data Systems Inc. said Dealer Pay LLC, provider of a payments service for dealers in the automotive, truck, motorsports, recreational-vehicle, agriculture, and marine sectors, is embedding Payment Data’s technology into its software-as-a-service payment-acceptance platform. The pact could bring $60 million in annualized processing volume from new dealerships to Payment Data Systems by August, the company said.
- Merchant processor Square Inc. provided payment card and mobile-payment acceptance services for the Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s approximately 500 concession stands. Square said most concession locations previously accepted only cash. Hawkers in the stands also used Square mobile hardware to accept card payments.
- In related news, Square is providing payment card acceptance for some startups selling cannabidiol (CBD), a non-intoxicating compound derived from cannabis, BusinessInsider.com reported.
- EVO Payments Inc. announced a 10-year card-acceptance joint venture with Banco de Credito e Inversiones, a private bank in Chile.
- Discover Financial Services signed an agreement with European processor Sage Pay to bring acceptance of Discover Financial’s Discover, Diners Club, and affiliate-network cards to Sage Pay hospitality and retail merchants in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Payment-testing and certification-services provider ICC Solutions Ltd. said Discover approved ICC as a certification-service provider for the Discover Global Network.
- Visa Inc. appointed its chief financial officer, Vasant Prabhu, to the additional post of vice chairman. Prabhu’s new duties include constituent relations and representing Visa at payment-industry forums.
Merchant processor Priority Technology Holdings Inc. posted an 11% increase in payment volume in the …