Payments provider NovoPayment said it is introducing instant-payment service Visa Direct for a range of payments, including person-to-person transfers and mass payouts. The move allows issuers, acquirers, and merchants to bring the services to market faster via application programming interfaces, the company said.
- EVO Payments Inc. said Aldelo, a point-of-sale software developer, selected it as a preferred partner of Aldelo Express, an iPad-based point-of-sale service.
- Northgate Gonzalez Market, a supermarket in California, deployed the Emerald point-of-sale platform from NCR Corp., which includes payments and rewards processing. NCR offers the platform via a subscription model to the grocery industry.
- A startup called Radpay Inc. launched Cryptoclick, a blockchain-based product the company says streamlines e-commerce transactions, hence reducing cart abandonment.
- Mobile retail platform Salesfloor announced new features of its Mobile Checkout module that enables an omnichannel shopping cart and PCI-compliant checkout and payments-processing connectivity.
- Dwolla Inc., which provides automated clearing house services to businesses, launched a partner program.
- The Upper Midwest Automated Clearing House Association announced its new president and chief executive is long-time UMACHA executive Angi Farren. Farren succeeds Fred Laing, who retired Sept. 1. Farren has carried out the duties of the two offices since June 1, overlapping with Laing.
- Payments provider Net Element Inc. said John Wiegand, currently chief executive of Merchant Growth Capital LLC, joined its board of directors.
- Digital-banking and -payments provider i2c Inc. hired four payments veterans, including former Visa and Paysafe executive Janet Monroe as head of global client services, former Visa and American Express executive Ava Kelly as head of global products, former Fiserv and Visa executive Nikki Waters as head of global marketing, and former Visa and Mastercard executive Steve Gray as head of fraud and risk solutions.
- Fraud-prevention firm ClearSale named David Fletcher senior vice president of sales. Fletcher previously cofounded Maven Sales Group, which worked with the ClearSale sales team over the past 18 months.
As peer-to-peer payments services like Cash App, Venmo, and Zelle grow in popularity in the United …