- QualPay, a provider of cloud-based, integrated-payments solutions, launched a developer portal allowing integrators to evaluate and deploy payment services.
- Person-to-person payments by users of services offered by community banks and credit unions average $450, compared to $25 for users of Venmo, a popular third-party app, according to data from Malauzai Software, a provider of digital payments systems for financial institutions. About 3% of active users of banks’ digital services use the P2P service. Malauzai gathered Venmo data via a survey of consumers.
- Barclays Bank in the United Kingdom has begun allowing customers to make person-to-person payments from an iPhone using voice commands through Siri, Apple Inc.’s virtual assistant, according to BusinessInsider.com. BI projects that, by 2022, nearly one-third of U.S. adults will make a voice-based payment of some kind, up from 8% in 2016.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. said its payment service is now integrated with Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s Nintendo Switch video-game console, enabling gamers to make purchases from the Nintendo eShop.
- Financial-institution processor Fiserv Inc. unveiled Instant Issue Advantage, a tablet-based wireless service that enables banks and credit unions to instantly issue permanent debit cards to customers in branches.
- Fortumo, a carrier-billing specialist, will provide payment processing for iflix, a subscription-based video-on-demand service serving customers in Southeast Asia.
- TerraPay, which says it is the world’s first mobile-payments switch, has combined with money-transfer service Instant Cash to offer real-time cross-border money transfers to mobile wallets. The initial market is Africa.
- Finastra, the company formed by the merger earlier this year of Misys and D+H, said USAmeriBank is using its payments hub for domestic and international wire transfers.
- ATM manufacturer Diebold Nixdorf Inc. named Ben Gale, a former executive with Xerox, IBM, and The Logic Group, as vice president in charge of its United Kingdom and Ireland businesses.
Cardlytics Inc., which provides marketers with payment card purchase information as well as ACH and …