- QualPay, a provider of cloud-based, integrated-payments solutions, launched a developer portal allowing integrators to evaluate and deploy payment services.
- Person-to-person payments by users of services offered by community banks and credit unions average $450, compared to $25 for users of Venmo, a popular third-party app, according to data from Malauzai Software, a provider of digital payments systems for financial institutions. About 3% of active users of banks’ digital services use the P2P service. Malauzai gathered Venmo data via a survey of consumers.
- Barclays Bank in the United Kingdom has begun allowing customers to make person-to-person payments from an iPhone using voice commands through Siri, Apple Inc.’s virtual assistant, according to BusinessInsider.com. BI projects that, by 2022, nearly one-third of U.S. adults will make a voice-based payment of some kind, up from 8% in 2016.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. said its payment service is now integrated with Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s Nintendo Switch video-game console, enabling gamers to make purchases from the Nintendo eShop.
- Financial-institution processor Fiserv Inc. unveiled Instant Issue Advantage, a tablet-based wireless service that enables banks and credit unions to instantly issue permanent debit cards to customers in branches.
- Fortumo, a carrier-billing specialist, will provide payment processing for iflix, a subscription-based video-on-demand service serving customers in Southeast Asia.
- TerraPay, which says it is the world’s first mobile-payments switch, has combined with money-transfer service Instant Cash to offer real-time cross-border money transfers to mobile wallets. The initial market is Africa.
- Finastra, the company formed by the merger earlier this year of Misys and D+H, said USAmeriBank is using its payments hub for domestic and international wire transfers.
- ATM manufacturer Diebold Nixdorf Inc. named Ben Gale, a former executive with Xerox, IBM, and The Logic Group, as vice president in charge of its United Kingdom and Ireland businesses.
Merchant processor Paysafe North America said that by mid-July it will start offering same-day settlement …