- FreedomPay, a payments provider specializing in sports stadiums and hospitality venues, announced a multiyear agreement with Lincoln Financial Field, the home stadium for the Philadelphia Eagles, to process payments at more than 300 points of sale.
- Revenue from so-called over-the-top content-subscription platforms will rise dramatically in part because of streamlined payment services, according to a report sponsored by subscription-payment specialist Vindicia. OTT revenue in the United States alone is forecast to increase from $16.4 billion last year to $21.2 billion by 2020. OTT refers to media streamed directly to consumers, bypassing traditional telecommunications and TV services.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. introduced Sapphire Banking, an account that offers free ATM transactions and refunds ATM fees charged by non-Chase machine owners. Other perks include no fees on outgoing wire transfers and higher ATM limits with a Sapphire Banking debit card. The account requires $75,000 in minimum deposits or investments.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch announced its commercial card holders can now load their cards into the Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay mobile wallets to make business purchases.
- Discover Network introduced a business credit card carrying no annual fee and offering unlimited 1.5% cash-back rewards on all purchases.
- Seasonally adjusted consumer revolving credit grew at a 1.5% compounded annual rate in July compared with a 1.4% decline in June, the Federal Reserve reported. In May, revolving credit jumped by 9.8%, according to revised Fed data.
- Citcon, which installs technology to allow U.S. merchants to accept Alipay and WeChat Pay payments from Chinese tourists, announced an agreement to work with GK Software, a vendor of omnichannel software to retailers, to allow GK’s clients to accept Alipay and WeChat Pay transactions.
- Banyan Hills Technologies, a specialist in software for the Internet of Things, has joined Ingenico Group’s Unattended Partner Program, which will allow merchants to use Banyan’s IoT platform along with payments technology from Ingenico.
- Payments provider Cardknox announced an integration with Self Point, a point-of-sale system developer for grocery stores.
- International payments gateway Adyen engaged Looker, a data-platform company, to help manage transaction data.
- Cellpoint Mobile, a provider of mobile-payment technology to the airline and travel industries, appointed Steve Packwood global head of pre-sales. Packwood comes to the company from Sabre Airline Solutions.
Fallback fraud, an offshoot of the counterfeit fraud that EMV chip cards are meant to …