- PayPal Holdings Inc. blocked sales of the violent video game Active Shooter, which lets players choose the role of a gunman terrorizing a school or of a SWAT team trying to stop him, the Associated Press reported; the game had been pulled from the online marketplace Steam after complaints but reposted on Russian servers.
- Mobile-wallet provider Cardfree said it received a U.S. patent that covers a mobile-wallet use case of enabling the consumer to transact with everything in the wallet in a single action. The patent also covers Cardfree’s proprietary stored-value product that enables standard and non-standard currencies.
- Elavon, the merchant-acquiring subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp, introduced Converge Hospitality, a digital-invoicing system for the hotel industry intended to make it easier and safer for guests to make deposits for conference rooms and events, or make third-party payments.
- POS-system developer TouchBistro Inc. said it raised C$72 million (U.S.$54.2 million) in Series D financing. Leading investors were OMERS Ventures and JPMorgan Chase. TouchBistro intends to use the funds for developing its next-generation restaurant operating system, developing new payments services, market expansion, and new hires.
- MagTek Inc., a payment-technology developer, launched its QwickDip technology for its DynaPro PIN encrypting device and its eDynamo card reader. QwickDip supports the card brands’ faster EMV protocols known as Quick Chip or M/Chip Fast.
- Worldpay Inc. announced AuthMax, a new authorization service designed to increase credit and debit card approval rates for online merchants.
- Shift4Payments and Posera Ltd., a hospitality-software developer, expanded their integration to include a payment gateway, point-to-point encryption, and related merchant services in Posera’s Maitre’D point-of-sale service.
- Payments provider Nvoicepay said Mastercard Inc. now supports its service as a choice for enterprise clients in the Mastercard in Control virtual card platform.
- Mastercard said it will work with Refinery29, a media and entertainment company focused on women, as the official payment partner for 29Rooms, an annual art exhibit held in various cities.
- The Accredited Standards Committee X9 Inc. published two documents, one on card-not-present fraud mitigation and the other a white paper from the X9 Distributed Ledger and Blockchain Technology Study Group.
Walmart shoppers who have access to Apple Pay and have a payment preference are twice …