- Payment card fees paid by convenience stores last year rose 9.9% to $11.1 billion from $10.1 billion in 2017, NACS, formerly the National Association of Convenience Stores, says in its newly released State of the Industry report. The increase in card fees outpaced 2018’s 8.9% increase in total sales, to $654.3 billion. Fuel sales, lifted by higher gas prices, totaled $412.1 billion, up 13.2% year-over-year, while in-store sales grew 2.2% to $242.2 billion.
- Thales completed its $5.7 billion acquisition of smart card maker Gemalto Tuesday. Gemalto will form the Digital Identity and Security unit, one of seven global divisions for Thales.
- Payment-card manufacturer CPI Card Group Inc. said its Card@Once instant-issuance platform saw a sales increase of more than 30% year-over-year in 2018.
- American Express Co. said it will offer payments services to users of SAP Ariba, a business-to-business software application.
- Cardtronics plc added envelope-free deposit capability to BlueShore Financial’s ATMs.
Total System Services Inc. (TSYS) late on Tuesday said it has now deployed “thousands” of …