- Kansas-based ATM operator Prineta LLC said it has acquired 20 ATMs in Corpus Christi and Coastal South Texas. The seller’s identity was not immediately available. Prineta operates more than 1,000 ATMs nationwide, according to a spokesman. This is the company’s third ATM acquisition in 2017.
- Forever 21 Inc. reported encryption capability was off, and malware had been installed, on certain point-of-sale devices in some stores between April 3 and Nov. 18. The finding comes after the chain first reported what it called a “payment card security incident” on Nov. 14.
- Scam victims who were conned into using Western Union to wire money to fraudsters may be able to get at least some of their money back under the money-transfer provider’s $586 million settlement with the Federal Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Justice, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance reported. To be eligible for a payment, the scam must have occurred between Jan. 1, 2004, and Jan. 19, 2017, and consumers must file a complaint with the FTC by Feb. 12.
- GhostBed, an online mattress retailer, announced it is now accepting Bitcoin through BitPay, a cryptocurrency processor.
- Since its 40% slide in value from a Dec. 17 high around $20,000, Bitcoin has recovered some ground and settled into a band between $13,000 and $17,000.
Zelle on Saturday was set to run the first spots in its initial national mass-media …