- The Supreme Court agreed to hear a controversial antitrust case in which American Express Co. is defending its anti-steering rules for merchants against challenges from 11 states led by Ohio, Reuters reported.
- Payments provider TransCard Payments LLC announced a partnership with ExpenseAnywhere, an accounts-payable software developer.
- Travel Centers of America LLC has selected a loyalty platform from Paytronix Systems Inc. for its Minit Mart stores.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation released an open-source software program for creating payments platforms to aid unbanked individuals across the globe to access digital financial services. The free software is available now.
- Digital-currency developer Ripple Labs Inc. announced a rebate program for financial institutions that are the first in their markets to process commercial payments on the RippleNet network; the program offers rebates on licensing and integration fees and has a total value of $300 million available in dollars or Ripple’s XRP cryptocurrency.
- Kyriba Corp., a provider of cloud-treasury and financial-management solutions, launched a module it says can detect and stop payments fraud in real time.
Russia gets a bad rap because of its notorious hackers, but more U.S. e-commerce fraud …