- Fresquez Companies, operator of nine restaurants at the Albuquerque International Sunport airport, announced it is replacing its vending machines with unattended kiosks for food and other products that use weight-sensing shelves from ShelfX Inc. to determine a consumer’s product selection. Consumers swipe a payment card to unlock the kiosk. Payment is finalized when the consumer closes the kiosk door.
- Conformance Technologies released TransactionTrap, a software module that helps independent sales organizations and merchant acquirers identify cases where merchants are hiding transactions to mask the nature of goods being sold or to support a false-front merchant.
- Factor4 LLC, a gift card and loyalty software vendor, announced it has integrated its product with Aldelo POS from Aldelo LP, a provider of software for the hospitality industry, and has agreed to work with processor Sterling Payment Technologies, a unit of EVO Payments International.
- Sterling Payment Technologies announced that software developer Retail Realm’s Microsoft Dynamics payment applications are now integrated with Sterling’s processing platform.
- Payments provider CCBill LLC said its services have been integrated into the Ubersmith Subscription Business Management Software Suite.
- Payment technology provider Dwolla Inc. said it closed a $12 million funding round led by Foundry Group, with participation from five other investment firms. Dwolla will use the funds to improve its platform and hire more employees.
- First Data Corp.’s latest SpendTrend report found that 52% of purchases on Valentine’s Day come from jewelry store and other luxury purchases. It also found that the peak hour for florists on Feb. 14 is at 11 a.m., and at 2 p.m. for jewelry stores.
- The Women’s Network in Electronic Transactions association elected new leaders of its executive and advisory committees, and to its board of directors. Additionally, Theresa Gongora, group executive of corporate strategy and planning at Total System Services Inc. (TSYS), became president of the group.
Payment Alliance International, the Louisville, Ky.-based ATM operator, is in the midst of a strategic …