- Payments processor Virsympay, which serves small and medium-size businesses, launched a gateway that supports Google Pay and Apple Pay transactions along with conventional card and automated clearing house payments.
- Money transfer provider Paysend said Spanish-language content and media company TelevisaUnivision has become a shareholder in the company as part of a multiyear deal that will help Paysend expand its reach.
- The Prime Minister of Liechtenstein said over the weekend the country is planning to accept Bitcoin for particular government services, though no further detail was available. Payments in Bitcoin will be immediately converted to the Swiss franc, the minister said.
- The online marketplace Provi, which serves the retail alcohol industry, launched ProviPay, allowing retailers to view invoices from, and make payments to, multiple distributors in one place.
- Owners Bank, a digital bank launched by Connecticut-based Liberty Bank, made several new executive appointments, including former Choice Merchant Solutions and ACI Worldwide executive Colin Kaye as vice president of digital payments.
Shift4 Payments Inc. announced Thursday it is integrating Amazon.com Inc.’s Just Walk Out technology into …