- Financial-services processor Fiserv Inc. announced it has acquired real-time payments provider Dovetail Group Ltd. Terms were not announced.
- Payments provider Spectrum Payments said it joined the National Rural Health Association as a pipeline partner, enabling it to offer merchant services to association members.
- Blockchain technology firm BTCS Inc. said it has signed a non-binding letter of intent to merge with Australia-based Blockchain Global Ltd., whose businesses include an institutional exchange platform, Bitcoin mining, a so-called startup accelerator that takes equity stakes in young blockchain companies, and consulting.
- Mastercard Inc., whose technology and operations center near St. Louis is in the path of totality of today’s solar eclipse, has donated 50,000 pairs of eclipse viewing sunglasses for students at St. Louis area schools, and is sponsoring an eclipse party at a local school.
- The Federal Reserve’s 2016 Payments Study, the Fed’s most recent triennial assessment of payments, is now available in Excel.
What do diners want most when they go out to eat? Apparently, easy ordering and …