- Payoneer Inc., a provider of cross-border payments for small businesses, announced it is moving into merchant services with its acquisition of optile GmbH, a Munich-based company whose technology eases payment acceptance. Terms were not announced.
- The Western Union Co. has added a feature to its mobile app that allows users to donate to the Western Union Foundation while executing a money transfer.
- Nearly 45% of credit unions are “very concerned” that members will leave if the institutions’ card services don’t offer strong enough apps, rewards, and mobile services, according to a survey by Member Access Processing, a card-processing aggregator for credit unions.
- Discover Network announced its cardholders can now access their accounts through Amazon Alexa. The new skill allows access to such information as recent transactions, available credit, current balance, rewards, and payment due date.
- ParkHub, whose technology supports parking and payments for various venues, said it acquired Wireless Carpark, another parking-technology firm. Terms were not announced.
- Mezu Inc., which offers the Mezu mobile-payments app, announced a holiday promotion in which, each day during December, the company is randomly choosing five users for whom it will pay up to $200 for purchases the users are making that day.
Toast Inc., a software, point-of-sale hardware, and payments provider for restaurants, has raised $400 million …