- First American Payment Systems LP launched 1stPayPOS Pro, a tablet-based point-of-sale system that uses an Android-powered device to accept multiple payment methods, including EMV and Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Payments provider National Merchants Association said it plans to open an office in London after it obtains a payment-facilitator certification from the card networks.
- Community banks can now access the NYCE debit network thanks to a new agreement between ICBA Bancard, the card-processing unit of the Independent Community Bankers of America, and NYCE, a subsidiary of processor Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS).
- Payment-security provider SecurityMetrics said it has provided an online “Wizard Tool” for PCI compliance certification to customers, merchants, and agents of TravelPort, a travel-commerce platform. PCI is the Payment Card Industry data-security standard.
- UATP, a processor of alternative payments for airlines around the world, announced that Spirit Airlines has become a UATP merchant and accepts all UATP accounts for payment.
- Payments processor Payscout Inc. announced it has processed the first donation made entirely within virtual reality. The payment was made to the Jefferson Awards Foundation.
- The Federal Reserve reported that consumer revolving credit boomed in November, increasing at a 13.3% annualized rate on a seasonally adjusted basis and besting October’s revised 9.9% growth rate.
- Mastercard Inc. announced at the CES expo in Las Vegas that it is working with mapping-technology developer Here Technologies to add payment systems, location-based offers, and other digital services to vehicles.
- Optimized Payments Consulting named Joseph Dembek as vice president of national accounts. Dembek previously worked at processor Elavon.
- Payrailz, a specialist in bill-payment and remittance services for financial institutions, said it has hired Orlando Santos as vice president of product. Santos joins the company from Webster Bank, where he managed automated clearing house, bill-payment, and mobile-banking activities.
PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Pay After Delivery service will end April 19 for U.S. buyers. San …