- Processor Net Element Inc. said its first-half payment volume rose 37% year over year to $1.62 billion. Most of the volume came from the company’s North American subsidiary, Unified Payments, which handled $1.4 billion in payments, up 40%.
- Handpoint, a mobile point-of-sale payments provider, announced an integration with RxTrax, a software program that tracks pharmacy deliveries, enabling RxTrax clients to use Handpoint-equipped devices to accept EMV payments at the point of interaction.
- Payments and banking services provider ACI Worldwide announced it is working with payment-terminal maker PAX Technology to offer nexo certification on PAX devices through ACI’s UP Merchant Payments system. The certification streamlines international payment acceptance by standardizing the exchange of data among merchants, acquirers, and payment-service providers.
- Point-of-sale terminal and payment services provider VeriFone Systems Inc. said it will offer Bluefin Payment Systems’ point-to-point encryption service to merchants that use either VeriFone’s Point or Retail Transaction Switch services.
- Payment card manufacturer CPI Card Group Inc. said it is working with Commercial Business Systems, a software and technology provider for credit unions, to integrate CBS’s CAMS-ii accounting and management system with CPI’s Card@Once product to enable instant issuance of EMV cards.
- Upserve and its restaurant point-of-sale system, Breadcrumb, have joined a partner network offered by HotSchedules, a provider of back-office and workforce tools for the hospitality industry.
- Business-payments specialist Bill.com introduced International Business Pay, a facility for cross-border payments to international vendors.
- Airlines Reporting Corp., a provider of software and data to the airline industry, is working with airline payments provider Universal Air Travel Plan to allow airlines to accept Alipay for tickets sold through travel agencies. Alipay, a unit of China’s Ant Financial Services Group, claims more than 500 million users.
Apple Pay adoption show no signs of abating, with an estimated 43% of iPhone users …