- Grubhub, an online and mobile food-ordering marketplace, closed on its previously announced acquisition of LevelUp, a mobile-payments and -promotions platform, for $390 million in cash.
- Dream Payments, a digital-payments platform provider, released an application programming interface that allows insurers to link to the Dream Payments Hub as well as Mastercard Send, a near-real-time payments service, to pay out claims.
- NACHA, the regulatory body for the automated clearing house network, announced monthly transaction volume on the network climbed past the 2-billion mark for the first time in August, which saw an increase of more than 10% over August 2017. Total dollar volume for the month was $4.5 trillion, up 12%.
- Discover Financial Services announced an expansion of acceptance in Mexico with an agreement with that country’s Prosa payments network to provide acceptance for Discover, Diners Club, Pulse, and network-affiliate cards.
- Mercator Advisory Group Inc. released its “Consumers and Prepaid: Shifting Toward Digital” report.
Shares of wire-transfer provider MoneyGram International Inc. tumbled 29% Friday morning after the company reported …