- E-commerce technology provider 3dcart said its merchants can now offer Bread, an online financing service for consumer purchases, to their shoppers.
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) said consumers can redeem rewards points instantly at the pump at approximately 13,400 Shell stations nationwide through a new agreement between FIS and Excentus, a loyalty-technology firm.
- Payments gateway Apriva LLC announced it has worked with Margaritaville Resort & Family Entertainment Center to create a mobile app for resort customers that features payments and integrates the resort’s closed-loop gaming credits.
- The U.S. Payments Forum released the “Guidelines for Contactless ATM Transactions—A Guide for ATM Owners and Operators” that covers ATM contactless hardware and software requirements, certification requirements, and related subjects.
- Signature Bank said its commercial-payments platform, Signet, has been selected by power-supply company American PowerNet to process real-time payments for renewable energy.
- MoneyGram International Inc. has agreed to provide bill-pay services at more than 1,900 stores that are part of Kroger Co., including the brands Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Fred Meyer, and Kroger itself.
- Discover Financial Services named Lawrence A. Weinbach, the company’s lead director since 2009, as chairman of the board, effective Jan. 1. Weinbach replaces David W. Nelms, Discover’s long-time chairman and chief executive who stepped down as CEO Oct. 1 but stayed on as executive chairman. Nelms will leave that position and his director post on Dec. 31, but will remain an executive officer until his official retirement in March.
Almost a year after Visa Inc. altered the chargeback-resolution process, merchants are reaping some of …