- A consumer bill-pay survey revealed that 46% of consumers routinely pay after the due date or never pay at all. Of these, 72% are “very” or “extremely likely” to pay on time if they could pay with a credit or debit card, while 69% would pay on time if they could use a text message. The survey of 2,425 consumers took place in the third quarter and was conducted by Aite Group with sponsorship from Visa Inc. and payments provider ACI Worldwide.
- First American Payment Systems L.P. announced Scott DeFazio as its manager of strategic partnerships, working directly with the independent sales organization market. Most recently DeFazio was founder and co-owner of OneSource Business Advisors, a consulting firm for acquirers.
- Parking-payments provider PayByPhone named Roamy Valera its chief executive for the United States and Canada. Valera most recently was chief executive of NewTown Advisors, a parking and mobility consulting firm.
- Bank of America Corp. is letting customers who accidentally received $100 bills from one of its ATMs in Houston keep the money. A vendor incorrectly loaded the C-notes into a tray for $10 bills. The bank didn’t say how much money was incorrectly dispensed.
- Quicken Inc. introduced a cobranded Mastercard Inc. credit card designed to help users manage spending, budgeting, and planning through an integration with Quicken’s personal-finance software. The card also features real-time updates in the Quicken mobile app. The issuer is U.S. Bank.
- A ranking of banks and payments providers pegged JPMorgan Chase & Co. atop the list of retail banks and PayPal Holdings Inc. the leader among credit card and payment system brands, said Landor, a branding agency, in its Landor Pulse report.
- Fleet-fueling card and corporate-payments provider WEX Inc. said Chevron U.S.A. Inc., owner of the Chevron and Texaco fuel brands, is introducing new WEX-issued Chevron and Texaco business cards to commercial customers under a long-term agreement announced in December 2016 that also includes a range of WEX-provided digital services.
Congressional Report Says Equifax Breach Was Preventable and other Digital Transactions News briefs from 12/11/18
Cloud-based point-of-sale system maker ShopKeep said it closed a $65 million funding round, led by …