- Half of all Visa transactions inside venues in Russia hosting soccer’s World Cup since the opening match June 14 have been contactless via cards, mobile devices, and wearables, the card network reports.
- Users of PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Venmo peer-to-peer payment service will be able to use Venmo within the Uber app to pay for rides and food on Uber and Uber Eats following an agreement announced Thursday. The service is expected to roll out within the coming weeks.
- Mastercard Inc. said it resolved outages that left cardholders unable to complete transactions in some markets Thursday.
- A startup called Parken has launched a parking app to allow users to reserve and pay for a parking space in advance. The app is available first in Apple Inc.’s iOS and for New York City, but will expand to other cities and to the Android operating system, Parken says.
- Blockchain-technology company Ripple has hired former Facebook Inc. payments executive Kahina Van Dyke as senior vice president of business and corporate development. Van Dyke also has experience at Mastercard Inc. and Citigroup Inc. Lately, Ripple has been signing payment services overseas for its RippleNet cross-border payments network.
Processor First Data Corp. said it shipped its 1 millionth Clover point-of-sale sale device aimed …