- Shopify Inc. said it is expanding a service that will let Instagram users buy products from select merchants without leaving the Instagram app. The service, which Shopify has been testing since early this year, lets merchants tag their posts to connect users to their catalogs. The photo-sharing service Instagram, owned by Facebook Inc., claims 800 million active monthly users.
- Processor Cayan said it has received an EMV certification from Total System Services Inc. (TSYS), marking the company’s sixth processor certification for the chip card standard.
- Processor Adyen announced it is supporting the Alipay mobile wallet at client merchants globally. China-based Alipay claims 520 million users.
- London-based online payments provider Checkout.com has entered the U.S. market with an office in Boston. The U.S. president is former Worldpay and Adyen executive Peter Caparso, who introduced Adyen in the U.S. in 2010.
- Partnering with Worldpay for processing, NCR Corp. said it has entered the micro-merchant market with “Ring Up by NCR Silver,” a program that offers mobile readers to a market NCR says includes 3.7 million businesses.
- Processor First Data Corp. said it and CareCloud Corp., which produces software for medical practices, launched Breeze, a patient-experience management platform that enables patients to manage appointments, insurance and medical forms, and payments using mobile and Web devices.
- Processor Realtime Electronic Payments closed on a $100 million credit facility arranged by SunTrust Bank. The company also announced it has closed its acquisition of PaidSuite, a payments processor for the accounts-receivable management industry. Terms were not disclosed.
- Mobile-payments provider Glance Technologies Inc. has entered an agreement with Netcoins Inc. that will allow Netcoins users to spend Bitcoins using Glance’s mobile wallet, GlancePay. Netcoins’ software allows stores to set up so-called virtual ATMs for Bitcoin withdrawals at the counter.
- The Accredited Standards Committee X9 Inc. has published a standard for post-authorization tokenization of payment card data.
In the hotly contested market for person-to-person transactions, PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Venmo unit has rarely …