- Fit Pay Inc. will bring contactless-payment technology to wearable devices in Australia under an agreement with Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. Fit Pay is a unit of Florida-based NXT-ID Inc.
- Payments provider BlueSnap Inc. announced integrations with six software and services providers.
- Bluefin Payment Systems said it received a patent in Japan for a way to create digital fingerprints of encryption devices.
- Mercator Advisory Group Inc. released “The Credit Card Data Book: 12 Significant Indicators,” a report that found rising account delinquencies and less credit card issuer profits will likely lead to tightened credit in 2018.
- The Electronic Transactions Association, the national payments-industry trade group, released its federal and state legislative priorities for 2018.
- The National Retail Federation urged the U.S. House and Senate to pass the pending Republican-backed tax bill.
- The ATM Industry Association published “Meet the People Behind the ATM You Use Every Day,” an e-book commemorating the 50th anniversary of the ATM as well as ATMIA’s 20th anniversary.
Walmart Inc. shoppers apparently aren’t as loyal to the giant retailer’s own mobile-payment service as …