- Consulting firm The Strawhecker Group announced its list of best-performing payment gateways in a range of categories. CSG Forte and FIS (Express) were co-winners in the best-performing gateway category, with JPMorgan Chase (Orbital) as runner-up. Elavon (Fusebox) won for fastest transactions.
- With the majority of buy now, pay later accounts going unreported to credit bureaus, the big credit-reporting firm Experian said it will launch this spring its Buy Now Pay Later Bureau to help providers better assess risk. Some 45 million Americans used BNPL accounts last year, Experian says.
- Till Payments announced the acquisition of ZIPS, the payment processing unit of Ziosk, a hospitality point-of-sale device maker. Terms were not disclosed.
- Global Paytech Ventures has invested an undisclosed sum in PeachPay, a single-click checkout provider founded in January 2021.
- Payment-technology firm Paystone announced its acquisition of merchant-services provider Canadian Payment Services. Terms were not disclosed. The deal marks Paystone’s sixth acquisition in the past two years and brings the company’s tally of merchant locations to 35,000 across Canada and the United States, processing more than $10 billion yearly.
- InComm Payments said it is working with Cuentas Inc., a fintech focusing on Hispanic and Latino communities, to distribute transit cards that use tap-and-pay technology at participating New York City locations.
- XTM Inc., a neo-banking fintech, said it will launch a Visa Inc. branded debit card for its Today Program, a service that provides wages and gratuity access to hospitality and personal care workers in Canada. XTM intends to expand into the U.S. market.
- California-based videogame producer Xsolla said it will launch in India with payments services provided by Paytm Payment Gateway and its digital wallet.
- U.S. card-issuing platform Marqeta Inc. said has won certifications in Singapore, the Philippines, and Thailand, bringing to 39 the number of countries the company now serves.
- Payments provider VersaPay Corp. added three executives to its leadership team.
Central bank digital currencies are still a relatively new payment method around the world, but …