- Ripple Labs announced the rollout of a real-time remittance service between Thailand and Japan, based on Ripple’s blockchain. The rollout follows what was said to be the first blockchain-based commercial money transfer across borders, which occurred in April between Spain and Mexico and involved Ripple’s technology.
- CryptoCoin Creations released its CryptoCoinTracker 2.1, an app that lets users monitor withdrawals and deposits to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Altcoin accounts.
- E-commerce payments provider Digital River Inc. said it has helped launch online stores in more than 50 countries for Jabra, a vendor of wireless Bluetooth headphones and speakers.
- Glance Technologies Inc. launched a new version of its Glance Pay app for iOS in the United States and Canada. The new app includes enhanced versions of Glance Pay Anywhere, Glance Dollars, and Merchant Dollars.
- Greenlight Financial Technology Inc. said its child-oriented smart debit card now works overseas and has integrated with Apple Pay. The company also appointed Nancy Cox, formerly of Worldpay and Fiserv Inc., to the position chief technology officer. The Mastercard-branded smart debit card is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank and allows parents to limit their kids’ spending to locations they specify.
- TouchBistro, provider of iPad-based point-of-sale gear for restaurants, said it has extended its integration with Square Inc. for payment processing in the United Kingdom.
- European mobile-payments specialist Warply launched its Keyboard Payments apps for mobile payments and person-to-person transfers. The apps work with messaging and social-media platforms and are available exclusively for mobile-banking apps, relying on banks’ existing infrastructure.
GoCardless Ltd., a London-based company specializing in handling international recurring payments, such as subscriptions, is …