- VyStar Credit Union joined the Cardtronics plc network, enabling its members to have fee-free access at more than 20,000 Cardtronics ATMs.
- ATM operator Prineta LLC said it is the new ATM vendor at the Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris Hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
- Payments provider Worldnet TPS Ltd. said it has completed Apple Pay on the Web certification, allowing payment service providers and independent sales organizations to process e-commerce payments from Apple devices.
- Following a beta test, PayPal Holdings Inc.’s Venmo peer-to-peer payment service launched a Mastercard-branded debit card backed by a user’s Venmo account that can be used for purchases at retail locations. PayPal says the card is in “limited release,” with users invited to sign up.
- PaymentSpring announced a service that enables companies to scan checks using a mobile-phone application that sends the images to the merchant’s payment gateway for processing. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
- The U.S. Senate’s subcommittee on crime and terrorism will hold a hearing Tuesday to investigate how cryptocurrencies could help foreign entities influence U.S. elections.
Stripe, the San Francisco-based online payments company, is taking a step to get inside stores. …