- WEX Inc., a payments and technology provider in the fleet, travel, and health-care sectors, said it has acquired Discovery Benefits Inc., an employee-benefits administrator serving more than 1 million consumers across the country.
- New York City & Co., the official visitors’ bureau for the city of New York, said it is working with Mastercard Inc. in a global, multiyear partnership to promote the city.
- Some 31% of transit riders say they would be more likely to download a transit app with digital-payment capability if transit agencies would reduce the need for cash, according to a survey by CellPoint Mobile, a provider of digital-payment services for rail, bus, ride-share, and car-hire companies.
- Mobile-technology provider Fortumo launched PayRead, a service that enables online publishers to charge readers via their SIM card, replacing paywalls.
- Authentication-technology provider Giact Systems announced it has increased revenue organically by 167% and doubled its head count since 2016. This year, the company said it will expand its Dallas headquarters to accommodate a further 35% increase in staff.
Urban FT Group Inc. announced the acquisition of CFC Technology Group LLC, a remote deposit …