- Arxan Technologies, an application-security provider, said research it commissioned from Aite Group found 80 e-commerce sites that were actively compromised by groups using Magecart card-skimming technology. Magecart can infect e-commerce sites, without detection for long periods, and steal personal and financial information.
- Fitbit Inc. launched a new smart watch, Fitbit Versa 2, which includes the company’s 2-year-old contactless Fitbit Pay wallet as well as Amazon Alexa capability and other features. The device sells for an introductory price of just under $200.
- PayActiv, which allows employees to access earned wages sooner, agreed to use processing services from Fiserv Inc.
- Computer Services Inc. opened a Sacramento, Calif., office to support its clients.
- Galileo Financial Technologies Inc. is the new name for Galileo Processing Inc., which provides a payments platform for fintechs such as TransferWise and Varo.
As peer-to-peer payments services like Cash App, Venmo, and Zelle grow in popularity in the United …