- Data-security provider Very Good Security (VGS) announced an investment by Visa Inc. The amount of the investment was not disclosed.
- In related news, Visa announced it has met its goal to use 100% renewable electricity by 2020 across its worldwide operations. Visa set the goal in 2018.
- Google said it acquired Pointy, a company that helps local retailers get their products online. Pointy in 2018 announced integrations into three point-of-sale system providers. Terms were not disclosed.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico-based payment processor Evertec Inc. said it will donate $50,000 for earthquake relief on the island, which has been rocked by a series of temblors this month.
- UATP, a payment processor owned by airlines globally, announced its charge volume and transactions increased by 3% and 15%, respectively, in 2019, resulting in record-high volumes, which the company did not disclose.
- Radpay Inc. announced the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has published its patent application for a secure payment system based on blockchain. The application is awaiting examination from the USPTO.
- Some 36% of U.S. small and medium-size businesses accept cryptocurrency, though many may not be aware of a heightened risk of cyber fraud, according to a survey conducted by Zogby Analytics and sponsored by Hartford Steam Boiler, a unit of the big insurer Munich Re.
- Software developer Boulevard announced Biju Nair joined the firm as vice president of payments. Nair had worked at Toast and at Chase Merchant Services.
- Point-of-sale installment-credit provider Afterpay Ltd. named David Katz chief product officer. Katz comes to the company from sports e-commerce company Fanatics, and previously worked for Groupon, Yahoo! and McKinsey & Co.
Chargebacks911 released a set of tips for retailers about managing buy-online, pickup-in store fraud.VersaPay Corp., a …