- Mastercard Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc. announced they have extended to Canada, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East an agreement first reached last year for the U.S. market that clarifies Mastercard as an equal payment option in the PayPal wallet and gives PayPal access to Mastercard’s tokenization engine.
- Stack, a Canadian company that claims to have developed the first contactless payments for cryptocurrency at the point of sale, said it is using tokens from STK Global Payments to enable payments through its digital wallet on the Ethereum blockchain. Stack says the wallet is in private beta but will launch in Canada later this year and in the United States in 2018.
- NuOrder Tech, which provides online ordering for restaurants, said it is working with mobile-payments provider LevelUp for order-ahead sales. LevelUp says it has nearly 1 million active monthly users.
- Conduent Inc. announced its Conduent Seamless Transportation System, a mobile-payments app for public transit.
- Payments-technology firm Amaryllis appointed Mark A. Bishopp chief executive officer. Bishopp comes to the company from Bank of America Merchant Services, and has executive experience at Vantiv Inc. and 2Checkout.com.
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred Kelly told CNBC that Bitcoin currently is a “speculative commodity” and …