- Square Inc. agreed to sell its Caviar food-delivery service to DoorDash for $410 million in cash and DoorDash preferred stock. Square acquired Caviar in 2014 for a reported $90 million.
- Montreal-based payment firm Nuvei Technologies completed its acquisition of U.S.-based SafeCharge International Group Ltd. for $889 million; the deal brings to Nuvei technology assets and merchant relationships in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Cardtronics plc said second-quarter interchange revenues fell 18% year-over-year to $89.9 million, primarily as a result of a 10% cut in interchange by the Link network in the United Kingdom, a big market for the ATM network owner and operator. In response, Cardtronics began surcharging transactions at a number of formerly free British ATMs, boosting total surcharge revenues 6% to $152.4 million. U.S. same-store transactions grew 3%.
- Business-to-business payment provider Paystand introduced Assurety-as-a-Service, which it said allows businesses to create blockchain networks “in minutes.”
- WEX Inc., a U.S.-based fleet-fueling payments specialist, appointed Marcelo Geraldi Velloso managing director for Latin America, based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
PayPal Holdings Inc. has made no secret of its push to generate revenue from its …