- Square Inc. introduced its Square Card for its merchants, a Mastercard-branded business prepaid card issued by Sutton Bank that makes funds in the seller’s Square account available instantly for purchases. Holders of the no-fee dual-interface card get a 2.75% discount when they make purchases at other Square sellers’ locations.
- Fit Pay Inc., a unit of Nxt-ID Inc., said SwatchPay, a contactless payment service available on four Swatch watches, uses its token requester management platform. Fit Pay already provides its token requester management platform for smart watches from Garmin International Inc.
- Point-of-sale equipment maker Castles Technology International Corp. said that JR’s POS Depot will distribute its devices.
- The Secure Technology Alliance released a white paper on transit called “Multimodal Payments Convergence-Part Two: Challenges and Opportunities for Implementation.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. named Deborah M. Messemer to its board of directors. Messemer most recently was a managing partner for KPMG’s Bay Area and Northwest region. The appointment increases the number of PayPal board members to 12.
It was a rough 2018 for leading ATM network operator Cardtronics plc, but the company’s …