- Shift4 Payments LLC released Tableside, a new order- and pay-at-the table point-of-sale device. Tableside integrates with multiple Shift4 POS systems, including Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, Future POS, and POSitouch. Additional integrations are expected.
- Payment Alliance International said it acquired ATM operator Eclipse Cash Systems for an undisclosed amount. Eclipse operates more than 15,000 ATMs, adding to the 75,000 machines already in PAI’s portfolio.
- Some 5.3 million stolen credit and debit card numbers have come up for sale in the Joker’s Stash underground market, and they appear to have come from a data breach at restaurants, coffee shops, and gas stations operated by Hy-Vee Inc., the Iowa-based supermarket chain, KrebsOnSecurity reported.
- In a lengthy report, Reuters took a critical look at the pricing practices of Worldpay, now part of Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS), saying small merchants have a difficult time understanding the processor’s charges. Worldpay told the news service that its fees are properly disclosed.
- ACI Worldwide said Nichols College agreed to use ACI’s bill-payment platform to allow students to pay bills and make on-campus purchases.
- Visa Inc. said it is expanding support for Paralympic athletes training for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. Visa is the official payment services partner of the Games.
- Point-of-sale installment-payment provider Afterpay Touch Group said Ulta Beauty and J.Crew will launch its service between this fall and early 2020. The company now claims more than 6,500 active and “onboarding” U.S. merchants.
- Online travel businesses are especially vulnerable to fraud, with 46% of payment transactions being identified as fraudulent, according to the “Fraud & Abuse Report Q3 2019” released by Arkose Labs.
As peer-to-peer payments services like Cash App, Venmo, and Zelle grow in popularity in the United …